Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Storm at Sea

I made this quilt for my husband's brother Tom and his new wife Margaret in 1988 as a wedding gift. It is from a collection of blue scraps in my collection, plus some new fabrics. I followed a pattern I found in Judy Martin's book Scrap Quilts. Many people still think that I am the Judy Martin who wrote all those wonderful quilt pattern books but I am not her. I would reccomend her books however, as they are excellent resources for traditional piecework patterns. number eighty two

1 comment:

Mel said...

Storm at sea is one of my favorite patterns, and this is the loveliest and most subtle one I've ever seen. I've been stashing away blue leftovers, and I'm determined to make one. I'm trying to figure out how you got the diagonal wave effect. Is that an effect of very careful color selection of those specific patches, or is there additional quilting along those lines?

Thanks!