Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Memory of Wikwemikong

Dyed rayon and cotton layered fabrics.  Hand quilted, sometimes with embroidery.  
74 x 25 inches  2008

I made this piece when I was at our family cottage in Georgian Bay.  I missed the daily view across Manitowaning Bay and began to reproduce it on the cottage dining table by laying out large pieces of dyed cloth.  Some areas are pieced but most of the cloth is just laid on which was a breakthrough for me.  Memory of Wikwemikong has been shown widely.  It was in one of the early World of Threads festivals as well as at my local Perivale gallery.  Currently it is at Guildworks gallery in Prince Edward County Ontario.  

number 70        2008

1 comment:

india flint said...

thanks for your visit....this is a lovely piece of work, i'm enjoying my wander through your pages...